PerkinElmer DMA 8000
Dynamic Mechanical Analysis is used to test material properties across a wide range of temperatures and frequencies, as well as under different atmospheric and environmental conditions. Its ability to determine the glass transition temperature (Tg) aids in the material characterization process.
- Material characterization (ASTM E1640-13)
- -190⁰C-400⁰C temperature range, 0.1Hz to 600Hz frequency range
- Cryogenically cooled
- Single Cantilever
- Dual Cantilever
- Three-Point Bending
- Simple Shear
PerkinElmer Pyris 1 TGA
Thermal Gravitational Analysis provides crucial data on the composition of elastomeric parts. It is used to determine the purity and base polymer of an elastomer by measuring the weight change of a sample as a function of temperature.
- Data acquisition method in ordinance with ASTM E1131-08
- Ability to control the flow of multiple gases through TAGS controller
- Temperature range: ambient to 1000⁰C
- Heating rate range: 0.1⁰C/min to 200⁰C/min
- Can identify composition percentage of the base polymer, filler, plasticizers, and inorganic substances
Thermo Scientific Nicolet iS10
Fourier Transform Infrared spectroscopy measures the absorption of infrared light by a sample’s atomic vibrations compared to a background spectrum. Each sample shows its own distinct chemical footprint that can be compared against an extensive library of past Ebco samples as well as third party material.
- Frequency range of 500 to 4000 cm-1
- Ge Crystal ATR Accessory
- Extensive proprietary library